We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors; this policy sets out how we will treat your personal information.
Third party & targeting cookies are connected with services such as social media networks that provide like, share & pin buttons.
What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- Information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (www.xlofficesolutions.co.uk) – this may include your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation.
- Information relating to any transaction carried between you and us on or in relation to this website, including information relating to any purchases you make of our goods and/or services.
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us.
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email campaigns and/or newsletters.
- Any other information that you choose to send to us.
What is a cookie? – A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser, and stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser.
We use ‘session’ cookies, ‘persistent’ cookies and ‘third party cookies’ on this website (www.xlofficesolutions.co.uk). Session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser. Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach a specified expiry date. Third party cookies are cookies that are set by a domain other than that of www.xlos.co.uk being visited by you. When you visit our website, another entity sets a cookie through our website – for example Facebook and Twitter.
We will use the session cookies to: keep track of you whilst you navigate the website; prevent fraud and increase website security.
We will use the persistent cookies to: enable our website to recognise you when you visit; keep track of your preferences (preferred layout etc) in relation to the use of our website.
We will use third party cookies to enable:
- Facebook – we make use of Facebook accounts and services such as a Facebook page (www.facebook.com/XlOfficeSolutions). This website also uses ‘social buttons’ for example ‘Facebook like’ to enable website users to easily share pages with friends through social networking sites. These websites may set a cookie when you access them via these buttons. Facebook uses persistent cookies and this information may be transmitted to Twitter and stored on servers in the US.
- Twitter – we make use of Twitter accounts such as (@xl_office). Twitter also uses persistent cookies.
Webpages may also use ‘social buttons’ – for example ‘Facebook like’ and ‘Tweet’ to enable website users to easily share pages with friends through social networking sites. These websites (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn) may set a cookie when you access them via these buttons. Most internet browsers allow you to reject all cookies, whilst some only allow you to reject/block third party cookies.
Using Your Personal Information
Personal information submitted to us via this website will be used for the purposes specified within this policy or in relevant pages of the website. We may use your personal information to:
- Administer the website.
- Improve your browsing experience by personalising the website.
- Enable your use of the services available on the website.
- Send you goods/supply services purchased via the website.
- Send statements and invoices to you and collect payments from you.
- Send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications.
- Send you email notifications which you have specifically requested.
- Send you special offers and/or other marketing communications relating to our business which we think may be of interest to you by post, or where you have specifically agreed to this, by email. You can inform us at any time if you no longer wish to receive marketing communications – email email@example.com
- Deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website.
Where you submit personal information for publication on our website, including Facebook and Twitter, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the licence you grant to us.
We may disclose information about you to any of our employees, officers, agents, suppliers or subcontractors insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes as set out in this policy.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information:
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law.
- In connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings.
- In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
- To any other person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
Except as provided in this policy, we will not provide your information to any third party.
XL Office Solutions
6-8 Vine Street
Manchester, M30 0GF
Tel: 0161 789 1950
Fax: 0161 789 1960
Company Registration Number: 06465957
VAT Registration Number: 924-096-128